Saturday, October 8, 2011

What A Blessing

This past week, more than ever I realized how wonderful and what a blessing it is to have technology.  It is the simple things such as an email, a phone call, receiving a text message, or a even a post on facebook.  Its funny how people tend to be brought together by unfortunate events and wonderful life changing events---two opposite ends of the spectrum.  But now during times such as these, because of technology, people can come together so much more quickly and conveniently than ever.  So for making life a lot more bearable during rough patches and more joyous during times celebration, because of the connections that are allowed to be made, I thank you technology. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marissa!

    What's funny is that I've ALWAYS been the one saying how much I love technology and how I think it is such a useful tool, but this past week, I sort of felt overwhelmed! Not just by this class, but by being connected to the Internet SOOO much! I actually took a day away to just do my own thing. I rely so much on email, my phone, the Internet, that I was just feeling like I had too much and then I started feeling like I didn't have enough time to actually be on the Internet to do my "other" work (I manage my Adult Rec soccer and softball team, so I'm constantly checking evite to see if I need to find subs, checking the websites for gametimes, etc. I also rely highly on my phone for emails and I often want to check out facebook to see friends' status' and on top of that, I have EDUC 572, which is online and requires a lot of time on WebCT). With my job as a nanny, subbing, and working as an AVID tutor, I can't really multi-task while being on the Internet, so right now I'm just trying to find the time!! I'm actually babysitting my nephews right now, so I have some free time! Thanks for letting me vent!!

    ReplyDelete