Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Going beyond the lurking....

So I finally was able to go beyond my lurking of the educational chats on twitter.  Up until this point I have been an observer, rather than in there tweeting away.  I am still not at the point of being completely confident--definitely still trying to keep up and figure out how to figure out what I want to say in 140 characters.  In today's #ntchat, I actually found myself laughing at myself because I would read and reread a tweet when there were abbreviations.  Took me longer to get what people were saying than I had hoped.  Definitely entertaining.  It was nice and comforting to see Annie present in the chat too.  Today's topic was about principals and their roles with their staff.  I found it hard to think of things because I personally have not had much more than a surface level relationship with the principals at the schools that I have been assigned to in my learning to be a teacher endeavor.  However, I tried to think back on the principals I have had as a student, along with what I personally would like out of an administration teacher relationship.  All in all, things were said that I hope I remember to take into consideration when I get a teaching job. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for stepping out of the lurk-dom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for getting out of your comfort zone. . .I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete