Sunday, November 20, 2011

One step closer in my pursuit

After completing an extensive application, I finally went in for an interview this past Friday, and now I need to wait until mid-January to attend a mandatory training session.  I have decided that I wanted to spend time volunteering with some sort of organization.  I spent time going through what seemed as an endless list of organizations, but finally found one that seemed to suit me--ARTS: A Reason To Survive.  This organization encompasses all my passions: children, social justice, and art.  Thanks to this class, I was able to hone in on these passions.  The selfish side of me is thinking that I am going to benefit from volunteering because I will be able to spend time with children and do arts myself.  So needless to say I am excited for my training in January.   I cannot wait to get involved spending time doing what I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment